Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My funny valentine


 I love this song.

Not that I am ever going to be able to celebrate Valentine's Day properly anyway. Not that I particularly want to. But yeah, even if I did, it wouldn't be typical.

Because I am married to my Super Chef. And Super Chefs are busiest at these commercialized times. BUT the main thing is, 14th February is also my Super Chef's super birthday. And I need to spoil him at least once a year, so I give him a break, and have decreed 14th February William's day, not Valentine's Day.  


Since he can't normally have dinner on his birthday, I always need to celebrate it with him a day earlier. This year, I got our closest friends in Luxembourg to give him a surprise birthday dinner.

 The usual suspects

 the pot au feu. OMG. so so so so so so so good.

the cake. *hearts*

Then the next day, when he had a small break in the afternoon, he came home to a newly decorated wall which was his birthday present. 

*pats self on back for not breaking any nails whilst hammering*

Then at night, I got two friends to join me for dinner at Mahi Restaurant to watch the lovebirds who make my husband's work possible. 


The restaurant was full, and so was I :)


Happy birthday boo! Love you love you love youuuuu :)


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! And what a thoughtful gift (or should I say gifts). BTW, your post about your youngest sister brought tears to my eyes. Such a thoughtful and heartfelt message. She is so very lucky to have an older sister like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwww :) thanks for the sweet note, ccc.
    *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really, really nice wall. Congrats on the nail-preserving (nolah, congrats on the perfect non v-day) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) hahaha! thanks Aileen. you should do a rockstar wall too! he's sooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete